OFF:HW:COMICS/ gutbucket

cosmos cosmos at CASEMA.NET
Fri Apr 16 16:44:08 EDT 1999

>>There are a series of CD compilations put together by comic writers (and
>>artists) and on the one by Savage Pencil there is a High Tide track, grom
>>Gutbucket I think. Proof, if proof were needed, that HW and comics are
>>intimately related. Has anyone got Gutbucket? What label is it on? Where
>>can i get it?
>>
>>Mike w
>
>"Gutbucket" was a UA/Liberty sampler album from about '71 - a bit like the
>more famous "Rock Machine" series from CBS or Island's "You Can All Join
>In"/"Nice Enough To Eat"/"Bumpers"/"El Pea".  It never even seemed very
>common at the time, but you might find it trawling through second hand
>racks - I think it had a photograph of a pig eating from a bucket on the
>cover.  I can't remember who else had tracks on it, though there's probably
>something by the Groundhogs, maybe Man or Help Yourself since they both
>recorded for Liberty/UA in those days....happy hunting.

actually there were 2 of those albums: gutbucket and son of gutbucket.
now emi released this on cd as gutbucket in 1994.

25 tracks from:

captain beefheart
hapshash& thecoloured coat
lightnin' hopkins
alexis korner
groundhogs
nitty gritty dirt band
papa lightfoot
canned heat
the hour glass
tony mcphee
bonzo dog band
big joe williams
jo ann kelly
johnny winter
t.i.m.e.
high tide
jo ann kelly & tony mcphee
floating bridge
groundhogs
canned heat
andy fernbach
mckenna mendelson mainline
idle race
brett marvin & the thunderbolts
t.i.m.e.

if anyone needs to know more ask for it please as it's too much work for
typing
the tracks if nobody is interested.

andre