OFF: Gong world tour

Max Wilcox m.wilcox at UQ.NET.AU
Mon Apr 19 10:34:59 EDT 1999

Soniqué wrote:

> Here's that Daevid Allen 'prose' from Byron Bay I mentioned (FWIW). Am I
> alone in thinking he's lost it?

SNIP>>>

        Sounds pretty spot-on to me. From what I can tell, it looks like he's
complaining about the same people that, say, Midnight Oil are
complaining about on "Redneck Wonderland" (a wonderful album, by the
by). If, on the other hand, he were saying "why don't more people listen
to Pauline Hanson", then I'd be worried. Certainly a far cry from
pot-head pixies, but those things weren't exactly "politically aware"
kinds of songs anyway.
        Well, I'd buy it if he put it to music.

- Max