HW : HTML e-mails

Andrew Apold mordru at FLITE.NET
Tue Apr 20 20:01:22 EDT 1999

At 06:41 PM 4/20/99 -0500, you wrote:
>    Help!    "" e-mails.   A K6-2  300Mz.   I use Outlook Express for
>sending mail.   It all looks good to me even when I send e-mails to  my
>work, which also have NEW computers and windows  98-95.   Only a very few
>people are complaining about  this.   Could someone either tell me what I'm
>doing  wrong, "the  way " to get a new  computer!!!   I've gone over all
>the possible settings in Outlook  Express "" of e-mail.   "" or just......

That's because it interprets all the code it puts into your mail....

when someone using a program that doesn't, they get all the tags and it's
very jumbled and hard to read.  I don't know about Outlook, but most programs
should have a way to turn this off.  A good one will be able to establish
various "rules", such as "turn it off when sending to BOC-L".  After all,
those
extra tags make it look nice but take up more bandwidth, and are unecessary to
get your point across.  (in fact, I installed a newer version of eudora
that did
interpret them and didn't like it, because some people would use HUGE fonts
and
stuff and now I mostly use the older one.  I had to use the new one to read
this
message, though, as I usually don't bother.

Anyways, it's up to you.  A good number of people can't or won't read what
you say
if you send it in html.

"To dwell within Samsara, however, is to
 be subject to the works of those mighty
 among dreamers."

 - Mahasamatman, in Zelazny's "Lord of Light"

Andrew Apold