HW: HTML e-mails

Wed Apr 21 05:40:10 EDT 1999

On tis 20 apr 1999 23.39 -0400 "Eric Siegerman" <erics at TELEPRES.COM> wrote:

>> <obligatory-MS-slagoff>
>> Ah! I think I see your problem ...
>> </obligatory-MS-slagoff>
>> ;)
>
> Much as I yearn to agree with you :-), I don't think this one's
> solely Gates's fault.  Netscape and Eudora are just as bad.  Oh,
> and Lotus Notes, too.  *sigh*

     Well, that's why I avoid those (though I occasionally fall
back on Eudora Light when there's no other choice). It'd be nice
if one could rely on a higher average tech level--then I could
send characters outside the basic US ASCII more easily, which
would be a major boon.  But it'll have to wait ...

> Indeed, considering the form of the quoted material, I'd say the
> infiltration's pretty much complete :-)

     In this context, I couldn't resist ;)

>> I generally avoid web
>> pages with lots of "toys" as well.
>>      It's the old "signal-to-noise" thing!
>
> I hope you're willing to make an exception for Spirit of the
> P/Age.  The signal *is* the noise...

     Understood, though in such cases I'm usually more worried
that my browser/machine will crash!

Cheers,
Carl

--