HW: Lyrics

Wed Apr 21 09:22:23 EDT 1999

On Wed, 21 Apr 1999, Carl Edlund Anderson wrote:

>      I remember being struck by the name "Earth Ritual" as a
> counterpart to _Space Ritual_, and it immediately conjured up
> all kinds of cool ideas about ley lines and stone circles.
> The marvelous world of popular metaphysics!  Plus there's that
> cool new book by Julian Cope. And as many SF and mythological
> tie-ins as you want.  Very British, but there's analogous stuff
> in various Asian, South American, etc. cultures, so one can
> think globally and act locally ... or vice versa ... or whatever.
>
>      Anyway, _Space Ritual_ was for "out there", so an "in here"
> would be complementary.

        Hmmm... though the idea you outline I grant you is cool, it sounds
slightly like the cover of 'Space Bandits', you know? I think, given
Brock's recent tendency to stick exclusively to songs about 'down here',
the sooner they can be forced back 'out there' the better it'll be for
the state of interstellar travel world-wide :-)

ObCD: Pink Floyd - _Atom Heart Mother_ 'Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast'