Interesting project

Patrick C. s328171 at STUDENT.UQ.EDU.AU
Fri Apr 23 07:08:49 EDT 1999

> From: Andrew A. Apold <mordru at FLITE.NET>
> Date: Friday, April 23, 1999 5:39 AM

Andromedae.

> Always doubt any e-mail claim that starts with "Apparently".
>
> Interferometry involves studying the way light (and other EM)
> interferes with itself.  It does
> not currently involve sending stuff anywhere, other than in orbit
> to avoid the normal atmospheric interference, I think they were
> trying to set up a grid of orbiting radio telescopes...
>
> I think this is being used to combine observations from a number
> of them to effectively simulate as if we had a much larger
> telescope.

Well, to all those people who responded to this email all I can say is that
I typed the information directly from the newspaper, and have no formal
training in astro-physics. Teaches me for reading this newspaper I guess.
(Especially after the Courier-Mail the main newspaper in Brisbane,
Australia where I got the story today did an interview with an old gothic
associate of mine who claimed that the recent school shootings were
`nothing to do with being a goth.' I still can't believe that Marilyn
Manson is geting so much hype for being so crap. The only good thing I will
say about him is that he always appears intelligent in interviews, pity I
can't say the same about his music.

`Stone's Ginger Wine' induced rant end here.

-P