OFF: marilyn manson (i guess they didnt like tuesdays)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Apr 23 12:58:27 EDT 1999

In a message dated 4/23/99 12:30:00 PM, bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET writes:

<<Yeah.  Just the other day I heard "Reaper" played at Yankee Stadium when
the opposing pitcher was about to be sent to the showers.  What was once
considered evil is now comedy relief.

and "blitzkrieg bop" sold budweiser. and the stooges' "search and destroy"
promoted the US olympic team. and edwin starr's "war" became a loop,
repeating only the title like a rah rah cheer, for last year's NFL playoffs.

>>I guess we'll know rock 'n' roll is truly finished when no one accuses it
of being an evil influence anymore.

       the finished-ness of rock n' roll is sort of a separate issue, 'coz
yeah, it's toast and toast again, should it linger for decades (which it
will; witness polkas)

"<>"