OFF: My life is complete.(and then some!)(and more besides!)

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Sat Apr 24 07:14:45 EDT 1999

In a message dated 4/24/99 5:52:49 AM, cea20 at CUS.CAM.AC.UK writes:

<<   Er, well, it hardly matters, does it!?  I mean, people can
just cut and paste it into their browser!  And even my email client,
on which I've shut off most of the silly stuff mail clients like
to do these days (man, to think elm once looked really tech!),
converts anything with the appropriate URL format into links, etc.

er, well, it only matters in the sense that something changed and i dont know
why...it dint useta be thisaway...
about 4 weeks ago AOL had a particularly bad weekend, technically, and
knocked out my ability to "download now' (not just me, but etc.)...i'm spozed
to come back up from scratch w/the disc sometime, but i've yet to copy down
all the addresses/favorites which i'd need to put back in...meantime, i'd
wonder if some sort of "deterioration" was taking place...

 yeah, sending addresses is good but there was something about going
"bang-here ya go!" (the newness of all this still in the process of wearing
off)
..but it sounds like you (and someone previously) are saying that there are
cases where simply putting down the address is enough; that some folks'
"e-mail client"
will turn that address into a link, 'twixt its being sent and received?
wow...
so it really DOESNT make any difference, other than whatever change has
occurred to my machine, (or perhaps the LISTSERV machine?)

thanks for xplaining!  ^_~
larry b

p.s. i sent a link to myself and it arrived as a link;
QUICK!! name the pre-beatles mccartney song whose title could have been
punningly deployed during this discussion???