OFF: My life is complete.(and then some!)(and more besides!)

Sat Apr 24 08:24:05 EDT 1999

On lör 24 apr 1999 07.14 +0000 DASLUD at AOL.COM wrote:
> but it sounds like you (and someone previously) are saying that there are
> cases where simply putting down the address is enough; that some folks'
> "e-mail client"
> will turn that address into a link, 'twixt its being sent and received?

     Yeah, I think most of the snazzy modern email clients do
this.  For example, when I see my posts, my email address and
www URL are always turned into links by my client, which
recognizes the HTML codes marking them (that much HTML is
probably safe to send people--since really I'm sending plain
text which happens to burst into parseable HTML very briefly :)

     That and the ability to attach files are probably the only
two actually useful features I've seen added to email clients
since the unixmail days of blessed memory :)

     But once I can use and safely send plain text Unicode,
_then_ we'll be getting somewhere .... :)

Cheers,
Carl

--
Carl Edlund Anderson