HW/OFF: Aural Innovations #6

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Mon Apr 26 14:25:02 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

Hate to bother you with this again, but after three long weeks of compiling,
editing, and re-editing, AI#6 is finally ready for public viewing.  Details
below.

Jerry and I were kinda swamped with this one, and am afraid we've bitten off
a little too much (72 pages of material!!).  Printing and shipping costs are
going to make this one really hurt the bottom line, so we need help from
folks to spread the word and encourage people to subscribe.  In other words,
Help!
See URL below.  :)

Compared to other 'similar' products (Expose, Progression, Ptolemaic
Terrascope, Crohinga Well), AI is the cheapest and I believe our quality is
now at the same level as these other more-commercial publications.  The
Beyond-o-matic, Jukka Jylli (Kingston Wall), and Agitation Free interviews
all came out really well in particular.  This is the best stuff we've done
to date IMHO.

Issues are only $3 and $10 for a year subscription ($14 overseas).  And the
free quarkspace CD-R this time basically means 'half-off,' as I think the
CD-R's go for $5.  And if you enter the contest and win a free CD (things
like Circle, Liquid Sound Company, D. Brock, I.E.M., in other words...good
ones!), you come out way ahead.

If there's anyone overseas that has thought about subscribing, but hasn't
simply because of currency exchange, please contact me personally and I will
work with you to make it easier.
Quick calculations give me the following rates (1-yr. sub)...
UKP = 9 (or 10, if you wish to be generous and send only 1 bill)  :)
Euros = 14
DEM = 27
FRF = 90
SEK = 125
AU$ = 23
CN$ = ?? not sure...probably around CN$17-18??
Any more?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Issue #6 of Aural Innovations: The Global Source For SpaceRock
Exploration is ready! Aural Innovations is a quarterly magazine of band
profiles, interviews, and reviews with a focus on SpaceRock, but also
including psych, ambient, and various electronics.

Issue #6 (72 pages) includes...

King Black Acid (review/interview)
Space & Rock from Finland featuring:
*Dark Sun
*Kingston Wall
*Five Fifteen
*Circle
Skye Klad (interview)
Beyond-o-matic (review/interview)
Agitation Free (profile/interview)
Brainstorm (review/interview)
Tom Spacey (review/interview)
Marcel Peelen (review/interview)
Tony Gerber (interview)
Dark Star (article)
Man or Astroman? (profile)
Servotron (profile)

The SpaceRock Crossword Puzzle (8 different prizes- CDs, books)

Plus LOTS of REVIEWS including Hawkwind plus friends & relations
releases, Jazz in Space, Bad Acid label releases, and more, more, more!

SPECIAL TO SUBSCRIBERS ONLY: All those who are subscribed by
May 15th will receive a free copy of the new Spacefolds 5 cd by
quarkspace! For more information visit the Aural Innovations home page
at http://www.infinet.com/~jkranitz/space/space.html

Jerry Kranitz (jkranitz at infinet.com)
Check out Aural Innovations, the global SpaceRock Maga"zine"
http://www.infinet.com/~jkranitz/space/space.html