ADMIN: What's "off-topic" really there for?

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Tue Apr 27 23:10:53 EDT 1999

In a message dated 4/27/99 6:57:46 PM, Joseph.Brooks at GCCCD.NET writes:

<<I gotta go with you on this one. I for one have absolutely no problem with
off-topic stuff. This list isn't *that* busy and its not all that diffiCULT
to hit that little DEL key a few times for the stuff that I'm certain won't
interest me. After all, I already do so for 90% of the Hawkwind traffic
anyway (which is 90% of the list lately). But I've also found quite a few
interesting reads on the list which were definitely way OFF. Besides,
off-topic is my specialty!

JB

yeah , i'm pretty darned "off" myself...
i really enjoy coming across sites etc. which i can submit; it's like "look
what i've found, gang", or when my friend sent me that "alert" about killer
psychedelic pay phones, it was like "THIS they gotta see!" and it lit up the
place for a few days, we all seemed to have a good time with it...that's how
such a submission SHOULD work, ideally>>>

forwarding items here is just so easy, y'know, just a click...deleting items
is just as easy, y'all >>> even so, the point is not to create disdain
amongst ye <<<

and yet...i sent in that track list for that imaginary hawkwind live CD,
which included a bunch of hawkwind trivia >>didnt it?<< and to date the
response has been...nada.  the killer psychedelic pay phones got a much
better response.

well, i tried, and most likely i'll try again.

"<>"