ADMIN: What's "off-topic" really there for?

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Wed Apr 28 17:56:13 EDT 1999

On Tue, Apr 27, 1999 at 06:42:32PM -0400, Michael S. Habiby wrote:
> Delurking
>
> You know I think there is nothing finer than getting the whole picture of my
> fellow Hawkwind and BOC fans and doing so via off topics is a great way!  I have
> learned about many other bands, but also read opinions on life the universe and
> everything.  I say there should be no off topic!  LOL ok maybe a bit, but as long
> as we adults use our brains and clearly tell what the rant :) is about (one can
> always delete) then what is the harm.
>
> Parenthetically (pathetically) yours
> mike

Ok, I'm going to try to make this last comment on the topic, because I
don't want to belabor the point (I have too many other, more important
points waiting to be belabored).  ;-)

The reason the "OFF" subject header exists is to that we *can* discuss
things not totally relevant to the list, while at the same time
reminding us not to overdo it.  It's both a friendlier, and yet more
effective mechanism for striking that balance than anything else
that we've ever tried.  :-)

Steve
swann at plutonia.com