OFF: Bedouin, Derby and other stuff.

Mark P Lee MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK
Thu Apr 29 13:18:17 EDT 1999

Quick review,

No problems with the van today, the band arrived and were pretty much
set up to go before 6 pm, on a trip to find the local off-licence two of the
band appeared to have got lost but they resurfaced in time for sound checks.

I thought the balance of sound was pretty good, definitely a night for
ear-plugs
tho, it's not the biggest venue to say the least, Alan got his keyboard up
this time around.

The gig proper kicked off with the support band at just after 8.30, (I'm
not allowed to review the support :))))) ), and left the stage at about 9.15
in plenty of time for Al to kick ass, this he duly did, he seemed to have
dropped
a couple of tracks from the set but I think there was at least one newbie
in there, certainly sounded bloody good to me, the only thing I would
criticise was
the finish time, the set was over before 11 but the time was not used up,
would
of been nice if the boys had jammed on a bit more.

Typically Derby response from the crowd, a couple of people got down and
boogied, most preffering to watch from fairly well back though, not unusual
for Derby.

IMO a fairly well rounded set, Alans "Lemmy" tribute track darn near took
my head off, ? was that the bass-line to Ace of Spades I heard in there ?

Neil has mentioned that Alan is negotiating for BADAM at the mo' Danny
was certainly up for it, I think confirmation should follow soon, the only
miff appears to be that Sunday is an odd night for Bedouin to play given
that Hawkwind, Spacehead et al will be on on Saturday. I gather that
the organizers are trying to split things up a little and ensure that there
is plenty for people to on both days, rather than just the one night.

If Neil wants to do a better review then me feel free coz I'm no expert at
this game.

Cheers,

Mark.
Please reply to       mark at esparto.demon.co.uk