OFF: Bedouin

Mark P Lee MLee at ESPARTO.DEMON.CO.UK
Fri Apr 30 05:45:56 EDT 1999

>>If Neil wants to do a better review then me feel free coz I'm no expert at
>>this game.
>
>No, I can't really add any more than this. Sound was lovely and clear at the
>back where I was stood, and much better than Manchester mix.
>
>Alan's face was a picture when he realised the support were covering 'Urban
>Guerilla'...
>
>The lack of encore was simply a reflection of the lack of crowd noise at the
>end. Shame.
>
>Neil.

I wish I'd made a note of the set list to be honest, I have to agree that
the sound was well rockin', the k/b fills and bits which Alan triggered
seemed to work very well, I have heard some say that he's better
without but I like them.

As for 'Urban Guerilla", what can I say !!  I forgot to put my mask
on for it though.  It is one of my fave tracks and hopefully we'll be
slotting it on our release scheduled (hopefully) for late May or
early June.

I would have liked LSD to have been played, but what the heck, I
laughed a bit when the band joined in with the more, more chants
though.  A seriously fun night for me which didn't finish until
around 6 am on Thursday.

>     The "encore" is dead.  People can't be bothered to make
>a lot of noise when they know you're coming back out anyway.
>Conversely, everyone knows some bands won't come back out and

>play more no matter how much you clap and shout.  Play until
>everyone sods off home, is my suggestion!  Longer, if ya feel
>like it :)
>
>Cheers,
>Carl

I gotta agree with this, but I think it's a sign of appreciation to
give it some, even when you know they ain't gonna go back
on the stage.

Derby seems to be a bloody odd place when it comes to live
music anyway. The crowd always seem to enjoy
the gig but nobody ever wants to be seen to getting 'out of it',
which can be a pain sometimes. Ah well, that's  folk...

Cheers,  Mark.
Please reply to       mark at esparto.demon.co.uk