OFF: Pink Fairies, 'Pleasure Island'

Fri Apr 30 13:48:35 EDT 1999

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999, J Strobridge wrote:

> > P.S. Jill - that Pink Fairies thing you have, 'Pleasure Island' - could
> > you tell me who's in the band on it and when it came out? To fill a trivia
> > gap...
>
> ummm - not absolutely sure - the sleeve is not informative and says only
> that "Fairies on this disk are TWINK & PAUL [Rudolph]"  If this is true
> then it's just the two of them in a studio.    It certainly sounds as if
> there was someone else playing as well but with the miracles of
> technology I guess two would have been sufficient if you just keep
> overlaying the guitar work.

        Ah yes - I have one by that line-up from 1997 called 'No Picture'
which is really really bad. There is one half-good track on it and another
that nearly makes it that far and the rest is pants. I've nearly sold it,
but it's a Hawkwind-connected album. This causes me Konscience problems.
When was 'Pleasure Island' from again, or does the sleeve not say? Yours,

Jon