Leslie West

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Mon Aug 2 08:46:58 EDT 1999

At 13:59 29/07/99 +0100, you wrote:
>> Were they billed as Mountain?  What's the lineup?  Any idea what the
>> album title is?  I've never seen Leslie live, damnit, but would love
>> to.  He was a huge [sic] influence on me when I was just learning the
>> guitar...
>>

>The new album's called _Man's World_, iirc.  And wasn't it was Felix
>Pappalardi (sp?) who's dead? - shot by his wife in a "domestic".  (All too
>easy to imagine: "Not bloody 'Nantucket Sleighride' again...!")

Yes, shot, and she was one of the writers of "bloody 'Nantucket
Sleighride'".  In the sleeve notes to "Over The Top" LW (& CL as well I
think) get very bitter & twisted about the way she treated Felix e.g.  his
apparently ludicrous dress-sense was all her fault.

>Again, iirc, they're now billed as "Leslie West's Mountain".  And they were
>supported by... by... help me out here, Chris!  No wait, I got it - Del
>Bromham's Stray!

I think Del Bromham's Stray have supported them every time they've played
in London recently - is DB the only original member left...as I recall they
were quite good (if not very original) during the early '70s..."Saturday
Morning Pictures" was about their best iirc.

>I have a mate who's a bit of a Mountain fan, which is a pain if you're on
>the whisky at his place, and he puts _Twin Peaks_ or _Flowers of Evil_ on
>the stereo.  But he usually falls asleep straightaway.

 Hmm, even as a Mountain fan I find Twin Peaks a bit much, and definitely
not for late night whisky (or whiskey) drinking sessions.

Cheers,
ChrisW
ObCD:King Crimson Live on Broadway (the latest Collectors Club
release!!!!!!!!!)