HW: I've got a Silver Machine

Thomas Guy Guy.Thomas at LONDON.ENTOIL.COM
Mon Aug 2 10:19:05 EDT 1999

Theo writes:

>If there are any Afro-Americans on this list, I'd like to hear their
>opinions.  What I don't need to read are those of a bunch of white
>people who, like me, are clueless about ebonics...
>
>theo

Theo - I think you've hit the right chord here. Then maybe we could put this
entire issue to bed. There are those here, who express the "Freedom of
speech" attitude, but there also seems to an element of "Holier than Thou"
white hysteria, cramming morals down our throats. I suspect that most
members of the list are regular-everyday-type folk who get really pissed-off
by the extremists at both ends of the spectrum.  I'm not trying to promote
the racist attitude, but likewise, neither am I advocating political
correctness for its own sake.

Unless we hear from somebody actually qualified to give a definitive case,
for, or against ebonics, I propose that we call a halt on this line of
discusion.

I, for one, have just about had enough of it. Let's get our own mother-ship
back on course, and discus those issues relevant to HW.

Guy.

PS, just heard an audience-cassette of Derby.  Superb set, and Silver
Machine is increadibly heavy - a real stonker!