Hawkwind Live

Mon Aug 2 21:10:40 EDT 1999

On Mon, 2 Aug 1999, Ductor, Dan [NEUUS] wrote:

> Is it still the general HW consensus that Space Ritual is the best live
> Hawkwind?  After many playings, I can still listen to it and hear sounds I
> haven't heard before. This was more evident on the remastered cd.  Lately
> though, I've been playing the Love in Space cd again and it too seems to
> almost get better with age.

        This used to be my opinion, but _LiS_, though it is very good, is
growing samey for me now. _Space Ritual_ is unbeatable. That said, I rate
_California Brainstorm_, _Palace Springs_ and _This Is Hawkwind Do Not
Panic_ quite highly too.

        While I'm here, anyone give me a quality assessment on _Out &
Intake_? It's been sitting around one of the second-hand shops here and I
keep feeling I should buy it, but haven't quite plucked up yet. Thoughts
welcomed. Yours,
                 Jon