OFF: dialect posts

Sen. Volstead antisol at SOFTHOME.NET
Mon Aug 2 22:22:35 EDT 1999

Tom Clark wrote:

> Wow.....again....
>
> I sure did not  intend for the previous discussion to continue futher in
> this fashion...now, it really is turning into something ugly....the
> Onion is quite funny, but the ebonics thing ought to be left alone and
> my posting taken as intended, and not any more than that.
>
> Sorry for bringing it up to begin with.....

A reference to the Onion should only bring joy and levity to such a draining
string of messages. It seems everything must be brutally judged and labelled
as racist (when it is clearly not in this case), out of fear of offending
someone otherwise. This only draws more attention to this 'ugly' subject and
poisons any attempt to get off of it with good humor. Not a single person on
this list has racist intentions in anything they post, and this should be
obvious.