BOC: VH1's Where are they now?

Matthew Braun mbraun at URBANA.CSS.MOT.COM
Thu Aug 5 13:02:23 EDT 1999

Stephen Swann <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> writes:
>Well, VH1 just managed to do a remarkable segment on BOC.  As part of
>their "Where are they now?" series, they did a short segment on 3OC,
>still touring, blah blah blah... managing never *once* to mention Al,
>Joe, The Brain Surgeons, The X Brothers, or even Soft White
>Underbelly/Stalk Forrest (despite the fact that the video clips
>repeatedly focussed on Al and Joe).

Now you weren't paying attention to earlier aspersions cast upon this
appearance when it was announced, and still sight unseen, were ya Steve?  :-)

This is what I figured they'd do.  The show drives me up the wall
because of this.  They did the same thing for "Wall Of Voodoo",
completely IGNORING the lead singer (Stan Ridgeway, who is still out
there making decent albums) and two other members, and instead focused
on one of the guitarists who's splits his time between soundtracks for
porno films and a leather/fetish shop.

>Argh.  Nice research, VH1.
Research?  Oh, Mr. Swann, you're too kind...

                                        m@
                                        (smug as hell)

OBCD: The Firesign Theatre, "Give Me Immortality Or Give Me Death"