BOC: Concert bills

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Thu Aug 5 18:46:07 EDT 1999

In a message dated 8/5/99 10:55:32 AM, hssmrg at BATH.AC.UK writes:

<<> ====it aint like i wanna bat this question around, but why would anyone
have
> been "gawping" at bob geldof way back in 1975?

Good question. He had just formed the Boomtown Rats, but I don't think
that I would have known that. I guess that in those days he was just a
well-known rock journalist.

BOC were definitely headlining, and Motorhead were the support act.
==========
the odd thing about 4 different motorhead bio sources i've discussed
w/friends of late is that they all mention them opening for BOC on  real
early gigs, a bit later in 75,  but the headliner specific to 7/20/75 ==their
initial gig == isnt specified in any of these sources.

also, andy dunkley was dj/mc at the 7/20/75 gig...hawkwind was touring then
and he tended to be their dj/mc...did he do work on the side in mid-tour?
maybe.
but i'm not budging, sorry, until i get hard copy. motorhead indeed coulda
opened for BOC on several gigs in '75..their 2nd/ 3rd /4th/ gig, etc.
but we've been discussing the very first, 7/20/75, and i say they opened for
hawkwind. four different bio sources dont say they DIDNT.

dunno about this geldof stuff either, but that would be another story.

maybe we should agree to disagree.

yours in obstinancy (grin)
"<>"