BOC: VH1's Where are they now?

Stephen Swann swann at PLUTONIA.COM
Thu Aug 5 20:24:36 EDT 1999

On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 12:02:23PM -0500, Matthew Braun wrote:
> Stephen Swann <swann at PLUTONIA.COM> writes:
> >their "Where are they now?" series, they did a short segment on 3OC,
> >still touring, blah blah blah... managing never *once* to mention Al,
> >Joe, The Brain Surgeons, The X Brothers, or even Soft White
 [...]
> Now you weren't paying attention to earlier aspersions cast upon this
> appearance when it was announced, and still sight unseen, were ya Steve?  :-)

Errrr... until the last few days, I was as far behind in BOC-L mail as
I've ever been.  :)

> This is what I figured they'd do.  The show drives me up the wall
> because of this.  They did the same thing for "Wall Of Voodoo",
> completely IGNORING the lead singer (Stan Ridgeway, who is still out
> there making decent albums) and two other members, and instead focused
> on one of the guitarists who's splits his time between soundtracks for
> porno films and a leather/fetish shop.

Ok, I'm convinced.  Any show that could do a feature on Wall of Voodoo
and not mention Stan Ridgeway is just completely out to lunch.  I was
thinking of writing them a (polite) note letting them know about Al
and the Brain Surgeons.  You know, something along the lines of "he
and Joe wrote the majority of the music on the first three critically
acclaimed BOC albums, and by the way did they know that he was still
writing and performing original rock and roll...?".

Steve