HW: Re: New Remasters better sound?

Paul Mather paul at GROMIT.DLIB.VT.EDU
Thu Aug 5 22:58:49 EDT 1999

Steve writes:

=> On Thu, Aug 05, 1999 at 05:03:34PM +0100, M Holmes wrote:
=> > In Andy Garibaldi's latest list he comments that the six new remasterd
=> > Hawkwind albums have much better sound. Does anyone concur with this?
=>
=> I would have.  Except that I've since heard them on a (much) better
=> stereo system, and I believe that I've changed my mind about them.
=>
=> Basically, the remasters have exchanged musical "punch" for greater
=> smoothness.  In other words, they've filed off the burrs, and taken
=> some of the music with it.

Wait a minute, I'm confused.  Mike was talking about "the *six* new
remastered Hawkwind albums," and since he undoubtedly has the *five* EMI
remasters, surely he is talking about something else?

So, Mike, what are the titles of the six new remasters?  (And who is
doing them?)

Cheers,

Paul.

NP: Gov't Mule, The 8x10, Baltimore, MD, 7/30/97 (acoustic set)