BOC: VH1's Where are they now?

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Aug 6 11:30:03 EDT 1999

>> From:          "<Nick English>" <nick at THECAMPUS.COM>

> Okay, my impression of "Where Are They Now":
>
> Sure, the purist in me wants to rip it apart. But I figure the
> exposure BOC got was more than I'd ever expect from a major cable
> channel so what the hell.

Exactly right!

> The fact that they teased BOC going into almost every commercial
> break was pretty cool. I mean, the segment was lacking, but at least
> they treated it like one of the highlights of the show.

Well, now, isnt DFtR the biggest song from any of the bands in the
show?  I guess you could argue that Bad Co. had bigger songs, but
certainly nothing of the quality of Reaper...

> Absolutely no mention of Heaven Forbid was atrocious. But at the very
> least, they DID say a new studio album was coming in 2000.
>
> And how about that Allen? What a chatterbox!
>
> Any exposure is good exposure, and I hope it helps these guys out.

Nick hits it right on the head here.  I'm pretty happy with the WATN
feature.  Yeah it's too short, yeah they don't talk about Al and Joe,
yeah they don't talk about HF...BUT at least BOC got positive mention
on a program that goes all over the world.  At this point ANY
presence by BOC on national TV is a good thing.  If you analyze any
of the segments on the other groups, they are woefully inadequate--it
isn't like BOC was slighted at the expense of the other bands.  And
isn't it great to see 3OC on TV big as life?

theo