OFF: SD'99 - No ToC

Keith Henderson henderson.120 at OSU.EDU
Tue Aug 10 14:36:13 EDT 1999

Hi Folks...

The word's gotten out that Tribe of Cro have ditched their entire US tour,
which was to include numerous dates from east to west and festival
performances at both Strange Daze (Fri. night headliner) and ProgDay.

I've seen the notification from their tour manager, and it's not very
flattering towards the attitude of the band members themselves.  The reason
is money (of course...it's either that or visas, innit?), though it appears
they will lose *more* money by not coming than they would have lost if they
*had* come.  You figure out that logic!  And quite a few others will now be
losing money who had planned to support the band, play shows with them, etc.

I don't understand what the hell they were thinking.  I don't feel like I
should publicly slander them for any perceived unprofessionalism (without
stronger evidence), but I'm at a loss to understand why they balked one week
in advance of something that has been planned for four months!

Anyway, I'm guessing that Friday night will be headlined by Helios Creed
now, which is fine and dandy with me.  I'll post again when I find out Jim
who will fill in the earlier slot on Friday.  I've made some suggestions...I
hope he listens to me.  :)

I hope that noone will cancel their plans for coming based on this info.  I
still believe that this is an *American* Space Rock festival...and even
though I love seeing the Eurospacers here (virtually our only solid chance
to see them), I wouldn't be terribly upset if we didn't have anyone other
than domestic issues.  :)  There are plenty of good ones.

Note to anyone from the upper midwest...there seems to be a caravan of sorts
forming in Chicago for the trip east.  If you're looking for a ride or
company, you might check out the message center on Jim's page
(strange-trips.com) for a contact addy.

And note that the Ledges has their own site, with maps, photos, and info
about the site...www.nlqp.com

See ya' there (ToC or not!)...Keith H. (FAA)