HW: Cornwall

gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK gingoblin at EASYNET.CO.UK
Fri Aug 13 17:17:20 EDT 1999

Got back late last night (Thurs)... what can I say... had the time of my
life!! (well, one of them!).

The eclipse was pretty much obscured by cloud unfortunately, though it was
pretty damn impressive as it was. That woulda been worth travelling to see
on its own... never mind the added bonus of HAWKWIND!

After an altering of the mind ;) we had a wander onto the hill overlooking
the site to take in the great views. As we started down we could hear the
sounds of the Hawks revving up, the spacey sythns echoing over the fields as
we got nearer. Just as we got into the field where the marquee was the
countdown at the start of Aerospaceage Inferno began... It was a pretty wild
experience walking those last ten seconds into the marquee and then being
hit by the full force of one of my favourite songs... ha ha, I'm sitting
here laughing at the memory of it!
I can't put a complete set-list together, but I remember a couple of what I
assume are new songs, plus Assualt & Battery/Golden Void, Love In Space,
Ejection, Hassan I Sahba, Motorway City, Brainstorm, plus more that involve
too much thinking for my currently fragile mind!
It was a pretty small crowd, but that suited me fine, plenty space to really
enjoy it... the skies had completely cleared up by this point, so I could
stand outside the marquee with the top half of my vision millions of stars
and the bottom half Hawkwind!! I'm sure most of you can picture just how
good this was, particularly in this, er, "frame of mind". What a background
for Love In Space! During the final song Gremlin partII I was watching a
satellite travel across the cosmos when one of the brightest shooting stars
I've ever seen flashed over... right on cue! I think the Cosmic Joker was
trying to make up for covering us in cloud for the eclipse! Er, maybe ;)
Anyway, it was a Great Moment In Life without a doubt.
Twenty-four hours total driving time getting there and back and I'd do it
again tomorrow! (if only)
So thanks to Dave and Kris and everyone involved in putting it on. Roll on
2090 (though I'll mostly be in machine form by then).

Dave