HW: Cornwall

Alasdair Macdonald alimac at NETCOMUK.CO.UK
Fri Aug 13 18:26:53 EDT 1999

The TG/COUM book you are referring to is probably "Wreckers Of
Civilisation", by Simon Ford. HW are mentioned a couple of times,
in addition to the instances mentioned below, it is also stated
(IIRC) that Chris Carter did lights for HW at some point. I think a
flyer for the book also highlighted Chris' HW "connection", possibly
as one of the more likely familiar reference points for those who
may not know TG.

I always intended to ask Chris about this - I see him & Cosey
around from time to time as they live just a few miles away from
me (near King's Lynn). Seems to me he was always the most
musical of COUM/TG; in fact the most recent material of his that I
have heard (from ahem 1995) reminds me a lot of Ritchie
Hawtin/Plastikman, except less twitchy, more ethereal & beautiful.

Um anyway I guess I'll try to ask Chris about it, or e-mail him, if it's
important enough to anyone :-/

The book is available from C&C's website:

http://www.ndirect.co.uk/~chris.cosey/

Alasdair

<snip>

--