Hawkwind Live

Sun Aug 15 09:21:46 EDT 1999

On Tue, 3 Aug 1999, Doug Pearson wrote:

> I really
> like the 'Live 1976' CD-R boot that came out last(?) year, too; that's
> definitely a tour that needs "official" documentation (that will hopefully
> sound better than the boot!) - is it still listed on the "coming soon" list
> on the Mission Control page?  The Neu-like version of "Uncle Sam's On Mars"
> (nothing like either the version on 'PXR5' or the Hawklords version on the
> Weird tape) is definitely worth the price of admission on that one, but
> finally getting to hear "Time For Sale" was pretty revelatory too (with all
> of Paul Rudolph's funky-bass playing), and hearing the verse of "Back On
> The Streets" that's missing from the studio version was also cool.

        It's still "coming soon". I wonder what's happened to EBS. If they
need some help, I need a job soon *:0) But I want that album to come out.
I hadn't realised there was a boot of it. I may have to try and find that.
Anything that restores my opinion of Rudolph after about 1975 would be
worth having, but `Time For Sale' needs to be heard anyway. Oh well, it'll
happen eventually I suppose, but if it will distract Dave from the new
album trying to get this one out perhaps I should lay off. Yours,
                                                                  Jon