OFF: Bevis Frond, etc.

Brian Halligan bthalligan at EARTHLINK.NET
Thu Aug 19 14:36:09 EDT 1999

Keith wrote:

>>September
>>22 - Pittsburgh / Carnegie Mellon University
>>24 - Bowling Green / Howard's Club House
>>October
>>16 - Cleveland / Speak in Tongues
>
>Cool!!  I love multiple options!  Will Ade be touring with them this time?

I'm not positive, but I assume he'll be on board.

>>October
>>14 - Chicago / Empty Bottle (w 7% Solution)
>>15 - Madison / Union South Club 770 (w 7% Solution)
>
>Hey, 7% Solution is damn good.  (Might even be worth the trip to Chicago.)
>They must be doing some sort of tour on their own as well, since I know
>they're planning to play at the CMJ festival in NYC next month.  I'll post
>their complete schedule if and when I receive it.

Their tourdates are also listed at the Flydaddy site.  Didn't post them
because I didn't know who they were.  Thanks for the info!

>For those that don't know them, you should track down the first CD, 'All
>about spaceships and satellites' I think it's called.  It's extremely good!
>A bit dreamier than classic space rock, but any Hawkfan should enjoy it.
>Their latest, Gabriel's Waltz, I like very much also, though it's closer to
>the same sound as Porcupine Tree's newest.  Actually, I think it's better
>than Stupid Dream, but then, some of you probably think that's not saying
>much!  :)

Brian
obSONG> "House of Mountains" -Bevis Frond