HW: Daze

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Tue Aug 24 19:05:04 EDT 1999

On Tue, 24 Aug 1999 17:51:05 EDT, Bob Lennon <Hawkwinder at AOL.COM> wrote:
>In a message dated 8/24/99 11:40:53 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>antisol at SOFTHOME.NET writes:
>
><< > me.  After the show Nik appeased the audience with solo sax versions of
> > Silver Machine, The Right Stuff, Space Invaders, I'm a Bad Egg(?),
>
> Black Egg I believe (?) >>
>
>"Little Black Egg" is the title of that track, it is a cover by the (Oh I
>forget...from the 60's) and it';s on the Blood and Bone ep

The Nightcrawlers.  A pretty obscure garage band from Florida who released
one LP in the 1960s that's now (natch) a collectors item.  I thought it was
great hearing Nik do "Space Invaders" and "Little Black Egg" - especially
the audience participation on "Space Invaders" (Nik: "All right now, you
all have to do the nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh.").  Too bad I didn't yell
"Bones of Elvis" loud enough!

I don't have much time to add to what everyone else has said, but it was a
great weekend, and really fantastic to meet up with some of the list folks
who made it there.  Especially joining Larry and Carl (and Ross and Ian and
the great Doug Walker - I'll second the MVP nomination) onstage!
Unfortunately I missed Nik's post-Strange Daze show in Cleveland/Lakewood
due to family obligations.  Once again, cheers to Jim Lascko for pulling
off an amazing event; lookin' forward to next year's ...

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com

P.S. Some changes have been made to the Primordial
Undermind/Salamander/Overhang Party tour schedule - the Rochester show
replacing Buffalo, and an additional Boston area show, for instance.
Everything is not yet finalized, so I'll post the schedule again in a week
or two when in it ...