Michael Moorcock speaks

colm mcwilliams colum26 at YAHOO.COM
Wed Aug 25 04:45:54 EDT 1999

Hello there all you Hawksters,
You haven't heard from me for a while as I have been happy justing
lurking around the list. But i have something interesteing to tell you
all. I to have read the MOJO issue about hawkwind and great that it
might be i don't agree with the slagging off of the charisma era of the
bands history. This is the period of hawkind that i first got into when
i was a kid courtesy of my dad and my favourite album is Quark,
Strangness and Charm. Calvert really took the band in a different and
new direction then and I for one appreciated it.
Anyway enough of my moanings what i am mailing you all about is the
answer to a question that i posed Michael Moorcock(yes the one and
only!) on the nomad of the time streams
website(address:http://www.multiverse.org). I asked him about his
involvment if any in the 30th aniversary reunion at brixton academy.
Here is his reply and my intial question:

"Mike,
Seeing that Hawkwind are talking about staging a huge concert for there
30th aniversary at Brixton Acamdemy, which it has been said will
feature Hawkwind members from all lineups of the band. Have you been
invited to take part? Will you be in attendence and will we get any
spoken word/singing/whatever participation from you with the band on
stage?

cheers

colm"

Mike's Answer

I was talking to Dave Brock about this earlier. There appeared to be
two sets of people organising the event. One set included Doug Smith. I
won't do business with Doug Smith.
If he's involved, I'm not. I think Dave understood that, so
the chances are I won't be doing anything with the band, which is a
disappointment, since it would be a chance to meet a lot of old
friends, but there you go. Best, MM

This question was answered on 8/23/99

So Michael doesn't get on with Doug Smith? Anway i thought i would
share that interesting information with you all.

cheers

colm