BOC: say what?

John A. Swartz jswartz at MITRE.ORG
Wed Aug 25 09:44:33 EDT 1999

f Ungodly Vision <js3619 at WIZVAX.NET>

> Dig this, according to www.bocfanclub.com:
> It was at this time that the band was named, by Sandy Pearlman, “Blue
> Oyster Cult.”  (The umlaut being added later by Allen Lanier).
> I was always under the impression from everything i've read prior to  the
> website's history that Richard Meltzer gave the band the almighty umlaut.

The story was reported in a magazine years ago was that Meltzer came up
with the umlaut.  Bolle Gregmar (fanclub prez) has stated in the past
that it was Allen that came up with it.  Who's right?  I'm not sure, but
since the fanclub website has Bolle's fingerprints all over it (although
Melne is the webmaster), I'm not surprised that it says Allen added the umlaut.

John