off: Re: "lil' black egg" on BILLBOARD..."timothy" too

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Wed Aug 25 19:09:18 EDT 1999

In a message dated 8/25/99 6:49:45 PM, ceres at sirius.com writes:

<<
Unfortunately, the only song named "Timothy" I know is the one on the first
UFO album.  So you got me on that piece of trivia.  But I do love those
obscure 60s psych and 70s punk bands!

=====
"timothy" was about 3 guys trapped in a cave in; timothy is, ahem, eaten by
the other two. rupert holmes would later try to say timothy was a mule, but
too late, dude...

speaking of 'obscure' i'm looking for the lp by the german group the
rattles*, ca 1970, incl the songs "devil's on the loose" and "(i'm a)
virgin"...their us 'hit' was 'the witch" on decca. i'm not into spending big
bux on vinyl, i just wanna tape...

*actually they may have been a us "frat rock" band in the mid-'60s who moved
to germany and added a female singer