hawkwind members list

Doug Pearson ceres at SIRIUS.COM
Thu Aug 26 14:10:55 EDT 1999

On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 10:40:15 -0700, I <ceres at sirius.com> wrote:
>On Wed, 25 Aug 1999 13:43:42 +0100, M Holmes <fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK> wrote:
>>Nick Lee writes:
>>> How about Ande Anderson (spelling?) and Rick Martinez both drums c.1984?
>>
>>I forgot Martinez. Who's Ande Anderson?
>
>Andy Anderson.  Replaced Martin Griffin in 1983, and was only in Hawkwind
>briefly before he jumped ship to join ... The Cure ...

And, on further research, it turns out that he also played in Steve
Hillage's (pre-techno) band before joining Hawkwind.  He's on the 'Live
Herald' album and a couple of the studio albums around that time.  That
would have been around the time that Steve and Nik played together on
'Sphynx' (the original recording) and the "Nuclear Waste" single, so
describing him as "one of Nik's mates" would seem to make a lot of sense
(even though Andy didn't actually play on either of those two records).

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com