off: Re: "lil' black egg" on BILLBOARD..."timothy" too

Chris Warburton desdinova at EARTHLING.NET
Thu Aug 26 16:15:21 EDT 1999

At 19:09 25/08/99 EDT, you wrote:
>In a message dated 8/25/99 6:49:45 PM, ceres at sirius.com writes:
>
><<
>Unfortunately, the only song named "Timothy" I know is the one on the first
>UFO album.  So you got me on that piece of trivia.  But I do love those
>obscure 60s psych and 70s punk bands!
>>>
>=====
>"timothy" was about 3 guys trapped in a cave in; timothy is, ahem, eaten by
>the other two. rupert holmes would later try to say timothy was a mule, but
>too late, dude...

Weeeell, my UFO1 went away a loooong time ago, but I seem to recall that
the song had a fairly grisly theme, so it could be the same one....

>speaking of 'obscure' i'm looking for the lp by the german group the
>rattles*, ca 1970, incl the songs "devil's on the loose" and "(i'm a)
>virgin"...their us 'hit' was 'the witch" on decca. i'm not into spending big
>bux on vinyl, i just wanna tape...
>
>*actually they may have been a us "frat rock" band in the mid-'60s who moved
>to germany and added a female singer

I think that we've still got the single around the house somewhere, and I
always thought they were echt deutsch...from Hamburg(?) and had been around
since the days when the Beatles used to play over there, but my memory
could be failing me!

ChrisW
"a cynic is a man who when he smells flowers looks around for a coffin" -
Bierce