HW: I've been meaning to ask this...

Rich Lockwood rich-l at GEOCITIES.COM
Fri Aug 27 04:46:01 EDT 1999

I've been on the list for about three / four years now, and have always
meant to ask this, but never got round to it...

Here goes.

Silver Bloody Machine 7" single.  On United Artists.  Catalogue number
UP35381.  Produced by Hawkwind and Doctor Technical.  We all know that.
I've got three vinyl copies of the damn thing, and one of them hasn't got
the obvious crowd noises at the start, and the (for want of a better phrase)
WAWAWAWAWAwawawawawa...wawawawawWAWAWAWAWAWAWA bit at the start goes on for
ages.  But the catalogue number and all other information on the label are
exactly the same.  Can anyone enlighten me?  Have I got a 12" version on 7"
or something?  Or were there a couple of different pressings?  In all other
aspects they're exactly the same - I know, I sat up until about 4 this
morning with only a bottle of gin for company trying to spot differences.
And there aren't any.

Sorry if everyone out there knows all the differences and I'm just being a
cretin, but it's been bothering me.
:-(

Cheers,

Rich.