OFF: Orion Space Rock Fest/A. Planetscapes

Christopher Bruce kaduflyer at WORLDNET.ATT.NET
Wed Aug 18 17:03:25 EDT 1999

What a hoot! It is truly amazing how rumors and misinformation get generated
on the net! A. P. has not, is not, and will not disband. These guys practice
at least twice a week! And there have been more members of AP than of
Hawkwind! I have just spoken with Fran Walker, and aside from Matt leaving to
their design... The grapevine has been hitting a little of the grape, it
seems!

I would be among the first, as his former Hawkwind crew manager and very good
friend, to know if the best American Spacerock/jazz ensemble ever decided to
call it quits. There is too much invested in the A.P. "brand name" to throw it
away as suggested. Doug Walker needs a little better press management,
apparently; but the band lives on as long as its leader, and despite some
health problems that have cropped up now & then Doug is strong and has as much
stamina as ever.

He'll get a laugh out of this one, but any press is good press, as they say.
I'm glad its 100% wrong, though! Doug jammed with more bands than Nik Turner
did at SD 99...

I've been putting in 14 hour days for the past two months and haven't kept up
on the boc-l as I used to, but this HAS to be the farthest-out thing I have
read here in a very long time!

Chris Bruce