HW:Recent v Old/Poll (ASAM and Hawklords)

david hall dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Thu Dec 2 20:23:10 EST 1999

Ta I had forgotten about Eno.
Lemmy's comments? My copy doesn't have any - no inner bag. Could you
enlighten me.
Dave
-----Original Message-----
From: Doug Pearson <ceres at SIRIUS.COM>
To: Multiple recipients of list BOC-L <BOC-L at LISTSERV.SPC.EDU>
Date: 03 December 1999 00:59
Subject: Re: HW:Recent v Old/Poll (ASAM and Hawklords)

On Fri, 3 Dec 1999 00:22:15 -0000, david hall
<dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK> mentioned:
>what happened to Paul Rudolph in the period between leaving the Pink
>Fairies and joining HW is a mystery

Not really ... Brian Eno and Robert Calvert (w/Eno playing synth on the
first and producing the second) solo albums.  Great stuff (duh!), even if
it probably is Robert Fripp, and not Rudolph, playing that blistering
guitar solo on "Baby's On Fire" (probably one of my all-time-favorite
guitar solos).  Isn't Simon King on one of those Eno albums, too?  (but
then again, so is Phil Collins - I'm pretty certain that he and Rudolph
even play on the same track(s), which makes great fodder for those
connect-the-bands-by-their-members game)

After Hawkwind, there was the Deviants' 'Screwed Up' EP, another Eno album
or two, and Kicks w/Al Powell (who I've heard were awful, but I never had
the chance to hear them).  I think that's about it.  I find it odd that
such a great guitarist (it's truly a public service that the Glastonbury
Fayre version of "Uncle Harry's Last Freakout" has been reissued on several
albums in the last year or two) wound up being such a mediocre bassist
(compare Lemmy's comments on him, which I think can be found in one of
those article reprints on http://www.hawkwind.com - 'the trials of Lemmy'
perhaps, to Lemmy's opinion of Ade Shaw, which can be found on the inner
sleeve of the Motörhead album on Chiswick),

        -Doug
         ceres at sirius.com