HW: Recent v Old / Poll

Kevin Sommers novadrive at HOME.COM
Fri Dec 3 04:12:02 EST 1999

1.  How old are you?
34

2.  How old were you when you first heard Hawkwind?
18

3.  What was the 1st HW album you heard?
"Warrior On The Edge Of Time."  I was in a used record store (very cheap
stuff, which came in very handy, as I was in college at the time), when I
heard this wonderful noise coming from the speakers.  I said to the guy
behind the counter, "Wow, what is this?"  "Hawkwind," he said, "We've got
plenty of their records."  And they were in good shape, all considered.  And
I bought them all in the course of the next few months.

4. Was that the one that "Hooked-You"?
Oh yeah!  I was into metal (Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, etc) and prog rock
(Yes, ELP, Pink Floyd and such), and this was the perfect mix of the two.
When I went back the next week with a few dollars, the two that I picked out
first (eeny-meeny-miney-mo) were "Sonic Attack" and "Quark Strangeness and
Charm."

5: what is your favourite HW album now?
That one with Dave on it.

6: what HW album do you play the most?