HW: HW vs Voiceprint - who are the bastards

Zeitgeist stuarthamilton at CONNECTFREE.CO.UK
Fri Dec 3 06:48:33 EST 1999

This has probably been discussed already, but I have a spleen that needs
venting.

As one of Mr Blairs
NewDealNoJobBenefit?Don'tBeStupidYou'veOnlyPaidNationalInsuranceForEighteenY
ears job seekers (the unemployed as was), money is tight.  So I spent last
weekend working on a building site with the express purpose of amassing
enough money to buy "Glastonbury 1990" and "Live 1982".

So I handed over 32 pound coins, received my CDs and went off home with a
smile on my face, secure in the knowledge that another weekend in the
confines of my flat would be made bearable, possibly even pleasurable.

However, that has been tempered by the discovery that if I want the limited
edition HW CD I am expected to cut up the booklet of my newly acquired CDs,
along with 8 other yet to be released/purchased CDs.  Hmmm?

As an avid HW fan, I'm not in the habit of desecrating their releases, so
I'll just go back to the record shop, spend another 32 quid, buy another 2
copies and keep the intact versions in my collection.

Makes sense to me.

Morals, ethics, this is Britain99.  We don't need them.

NNotP HW for a long, long time.
Blessings and peace from Zeitgeist - Reflections Of The Underground
E-zine, freezine and online Record Store at http://www.zeitgeist-scot.com
PO Box 13499, Edinburgh EH6 8YL, UK
"The way I keep in touch with the world is very gingerly, because the world
touches too hard"  Don Van Vliet
alternate url: http://members.tripod.com/~zeitgeist_scot