OFF: The Clones of Tony Blair[no BOC/HW]

Ted Jackson jr. s2h2 tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
Fri Dec 3 09:00:32 EST 1999

On  3 Dec 99 at 14:29, M Holmes wrote:

> A good memory doesn't seem to be a requirement for the job. Reagan
> couldn't remember doing a deal with Iranian terrorists. Bush Senior
> couldn't remember being at meetings concerning same. The current
> President couldn't remember sex with Monica Lewinsky or Juanita
> Broaddrick when asked in Court although actual evidence did help jog his
> memory later.
>
> Perhaps something in the Oral Office is causing Alzheimers? Seems to me
> that the less the new guy knows, the less he'll forget...

Then, I reckon, Bush should be the man for the job!
But Mr. Bush is pretty good at forgetting too.  He's already
forgotten that he used to be a drunk just a couple years ago.  He
wants everyone to forget he was busted for coke a while back, and he
wants everyone to forget that his daddy got his ass out of going to
Vietnam.  Not that I think going to Vietnam was a great thing--far
from it, I just wish he'd have the guts to admit he got out of it.
Remember, he's a blood 'n' guts republican, and being in the war is
something a GOPer would normally brag about. Funny thing is, his
democrat rival, Al Gore, WAS is Vietnam, albeit as a sort of Private
Joker.  Who knows what makes people vote here.  Hell, we've got a
governor who used to be a wrestler!

theo