HW Video Footage

flossbac flossbac at NLCI.COM
Sun Dec 5 11:05:38 EST 1999

> HW played in a TV show called "LIEDER und LEUTE (SONGS and PEOPLE).
> They performed 2 songs (THE WAR and MOTORWAY CITY). Unfortunately only THE
> WAR was only broadcasted on TV. It was a live show from 14.02.1981
> p.s. They played the worst THE WAR version I've ever heard!!
> Bernhard

Oh!  I rather liked that version of "Who's Gonna Win The War!"  I've got
that video too, and the only thing that irks me about it is the way the
hosts of the show interview Ginger Baker briefly, as if he is the main
attraction in Hawkwind, and the others are just his backing band or
something.  The keyboards and the lead guitar are lush and quite a bit
different from other versions.....once again, just another example of the
vast differences in opinion among hawkfans!
John Majka
http://www.nlci.com/users/flossbac/hawkwind.html