Hawkwind the Seer

Arin Komins akomins at MIDWAY.UCHICAGO.EDU
Mon Dec 6 14:38:36 EST 1999

On Mon, 6 Dec 1999, Andrew A. Apold wrote:

:Subject: Hawkwind the Seer
:
:most off/topic
:
:Has been a recurring character in the Ultima Series of computer games.
:No idea if he is tied in any way to Hawkwind, I have seen nothing in
:the character or the games otherwise to indicate thus.
:
:Anyway,  he (first appeared in Ultima IV to my knowledge) is back in
:Ultima IX: Ascension.  This game was extremely unplayable when I first
:got it, in D3D (have Viper 770 TNT2 Ultra, ought to be able to handle
:just about anything), with a recent patch I was able to start playing,
:very involving, mesmerizing.  Hawkwind's voice summons you at the
:start of the game, but he has not physically been present yet.
:

More similar off-topic:

There is a character named Hawkwind in the anime version of Wizardry.

Thanks,

Arin
Arin Komins                            akomins at midway.uchicago.edu
Web Systems Administrator
University of Chicago/NSIT                      tel: (773)834-4087
1155 E. 60th St. #305A Chicago, IL 60637        fax: (773)702-0559