Hawkwind the Seer

Denis Regenbrecht denis.regenbrecht at UNIBW-MUENCHEN.DE
Mon Dec 6 20:16:58 EST 1999

<being _very_ intoxicated>

> To my knowledge, the only popular musical reference in the series was
> the Hotel Clerk in New San Antonio in Ultima II humming "Hotel California".

Which does not mean that Mr  Garriott doesn't know anything about
Hawkwind (in particular) or space-rock (in general).

> Most of it is traditional, its most memorable tune is "Stones", written by
> Iolo (a real person, BTW).

I love "Stones"! It's a fine piece of music. The real person is a friend
of
Richard Garriot's (I can't recall the name in the moment, sorry).

> >Is it available at last? Or do you play some demo or beta version?
>
> Yes.

Hurray! The Ultima-series is the best concerning entertainment software.

> As with many of them, the payoff is tremendous if you have been with
> the series for awhile.  Especially the last two (VII and VIII), but
> even more for IV - VI....

I have. I played all the parts, beggining with part I to nr. VIII.
Although nr. 8 seemed to be "Super-Mario"-like, instead of being
a good RPG.
I think I have to look out for number 9!

</being _very_ intoxicated - oohhh those dorm parties>

                D-R

--
"Nothing is true - everything is permissible"

                                        Hassan I Sabbah

www.d-rider.de