AW: HW Video Footage

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Wed Dec 8 06:38:01 EST 1999

Pospiech, Bernhard writes:

> Hi there
>

>         >According to Bernhard's list that would be 7/7/72. That might fit
> the
>         >Brian Matthews recording of Silver Machine better than Maida Vale
> on
>         >2/8/72
>
>         >Thoughts? Adrian? Bernhard?
>
>         SILVER MACHINE and BRAINSTORM (to find on the DAWN OF HAWKWIND
> bootleg)
>         are from the Maida Vale session on 02.08.72 AFAIK

That was concluded from Jill's original research on the other items on
the Brian Matthews disk (see other message for details). However the
7/7/72 gig would fit this much better and now we know some of it was
recorded by the BBC. The "Silver Machine" track on Brian Matthews may be
the version played for the Top of the Pops video which was then
overdubbed with the actual single version for the TV show.

>         Bernhard

FoFP