worst guitar solos

Jeff Berry nexus at PANIX.COM
Thu Dec 9 10:53:28 EST 1999

>Okay folks, own-up time, how many of these do you have in your collection.
>I'm admitting to:
>BOC
>Zep
>Floyd
>Yes
>Motorhead
>Summers and Fripp
>....and er, Frampton I bought this second hand after listening to a mate
>rave about it (honest!)

Well, if we must:
50. "Ace of Spades" by Motorhead
48. "Mandocello" by Cheap Trick (I think I have this but only on vinyl.)
44. "Cuts Like a Knife" by Bryan Adams (used vinyl)
43. "Comfortably Numb" by Pink Floyd
40. "I Love Rock 'N' Roll" by Joan Jett
39. "Dazed and Confused" by Led Zeppelin
38. "Burnin' for You" by the Blue Oyster Cult
35. "Magic Man" by Heart
32. "Sweet Jane" by Lou Reed
29. "Anastasia (Pulling Teeth)" by Metallica
17. "More Than a Feeling" by Boston
15. "Shooting Star" by Bad Company
13. "No One Like You" by the Scorpions
1. "Let It Rain" by Derek and the Dominos

Bands represented, although not by the songs on the list:
Kiss, Clash, Bowie, Byrds, Jeff Beck (via Yardbirds), Van Halen,
AC/DC, Whitesnake (and I'll even say that the early Moody/Marsden
Whitesnake was pretty damn good -- say everything before Slide it In.),
Rush, Dave Mason, Zappa, Nugent, Foreigner.

JB