worst guitar solos

DASLUD at AOL.COM DASLUD at AOL.COM
Fri Dec 10 18:40:50 EST 1999

In a message dated 12/10/99 6:06:49 PM, drtorgo at HOTMAIL.COM writes:

<<
I picture the writer as a bitter man of about 40 years old, still upset at
the entire music industry because the band he played in when he was 15 never
got picked up for a million dollar recording contract. Damn, he was sure
that "Sex Nation" would make it to the top of the charts once they changed
their name from "Pimp Slap (featuring Herman Menderchuk)". So now here is
with a chance to make every single band HE ever heard of look bad, and he's
jumping on the chance. It's like he went through all of his worn vinyl that
his Mom found in the basement when she was cleaning for the garage sale, and
decided he would finally get his licks in (no pun intended) on everyone that
ever made a dime by trying to please a fickle music buying public. "I'll
show them who can't play the guitar. I hate you, I hate you ALL!">>
========
au contraire, doc. maybe?
i wasnt the first to suggest it here, but i was thinking he was on the
younger side, doing  the equivalent of a '70s punk style attack on the music
of his younger days, the kinda stuff he'd >have< to be hearing in his youth .

although the scenario you described could be reworked to apply to >many<
disaffected musicians, writers, musician/writers, etc etc etc etc.

"they coulda been a contenda."

and with so many of us around "that age" too, as suggested by the poll.
heh

"<42>"