HW: Fw: Those Voiceprint bastards Reply

XXX boclist at HWIND.GLOBALNET.CO.UK
Mon Dec 13 15:38:53 EST 1999

----- Original Message -----
From: Rob (remote) <106230.3257 at compuserve.com>
To: Hawkwind <boclist at hwind.globalnet.co.uk>
Sent: Monday, December 13, 1999 7:17 PM
Subject: Those Voiceprint bastards Reply

Dear Kris,

thought you might want a quick read of this one . . .

Rob

PS      Feel free to post it to the list

From:   VP-MO, Voiceprint_mailorder
To:     1, INTERNET:fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK

CC:     2, INTERNET:spiegel at INTPLSRV.NET
        3, INTERNET:beautiful_foot at HOTMAIL.COM
        4, INTERNET:m.j.crook at TALK21.COM
        5, INTERNET:bernhard.pospiech at HOME.INS.DE
        6, INTERNET:dave at PARMA29.FREESERVE.CO.UK
        7, INTERNET:stuarthamilton at CONNECTFREE.CO.UK
        8, INTERNET:tojackso at LIBRARY.SYR.EDU
        9, INTERNET:sprawl at STARPOWER.NET
        11, INTERNET:DASLUD at AOL.COM

Date:   13/12/99 19:05 PM

RE:     Those Voiceprint bastards Reply

The Bastards Reply . . . .

Dear Hawkfans,

It is with great interest I have read your mail concerning my company. I
feel there is some basic misconceptions / misunderstandings happen here. In
this e-mail I hop that this will answer some / if not all the issues you
have.

Free CD / Stamp system.

The reason you have to cut the booklet up is very simple. A vast majority
of stores in the UK remove inserted "bounce back" / "reply cards" from CDs
they fear that we will approach you directly with some fantastic offers and
cut the shop out. We may well do that, but equally so we may not. But
imagine how you great and dedicated fans would feel if some of you got the
cards with the coupons on and some did not. I know how I would feel ! !

The reason we dont accept photocopy coupons. Is simple we are a very small
company and photocopies would be open to fraud. I know nine out of ten fans
wouldnt do this but we have had problems with previous offers.

Also it is worth noting it is on a third flap. This can easily be removed
with out damaging the booklet / artwork.

The idea of the FREE CD is so that you the collectors get some thing back
for your money and loyalty of buying this series of CDs. How many of you
bought the releases on Castle Communications PLC. just for the different
cover ? What did they give you in return ? (answers on a post card to
Voiceprint at the usual address).

Greasy Truckers Party

EMI requested that we do not issue this recording on CD as they own the
copyright.

Glastonbury 90.

This is the Tape that Dave gave me personally and asked to be issued on CD.
I guess he was fed up with bootleg issues of this gig.

Live 82.

Edits were conducted under Daves supervision. He requested sections to be
removed for artistic reasons. Dave as the leader of the band has a complete
veto on ANYTHING we issue. I am beholden to him to ensure he is 100% happy
with the releases.

Distribution.

ALL Voiceprint products are available in most UK shops. If you cant find it
there it is the shop who has refused to stock the CD. NOT us to ship the CD
to them. (please allow for the occasional out of stocks).

It is our job to sell as many CDs as possible in order to pay the best
royalties to the band so they can keep producing the music we all know and
love.

Further to the plan to give to loyal fans a good deal. You can buy the
Hawkwind CDs single at 9.99 GBP each (three for 25.00 GBP) or doubles at
15.00 GBP (three for 40.00 GBP). From Voiceprint Mail Order, please email
me at this address with your snail mail details so we can post you a
leaflet.

The Hawkwind titles will be distributed in the US during Y2K.

Conclusion.

So you think we are bastards then. I am a dedicated Hawk fan. I have been
so for nearly twenty years now (yes a new comer to some of you, but my
parents didnt get it together earlier). I have watched year after year at
the same tracks coming out in a different sequence with a different cover,
not authorized by the band and I was fed up with it. So I am in the lucky
enough position to be able to do some thing about it (i.e. owning a record
company). So now we are doing what I (and the band) consider interesting
issues on CD at a fair price and with interesting artwork and all you lot
do is MOAN ! !

So OK.

1).     Lets shelve;-  Atomhenge - Live 76,

2).     Why dont you stick to listening to cassette versions of the Weird
Tapes instead of digitally re-mastered versions CDs, with new artwork and
credits ?

3).     Lets not bother with a free CD to all you people have baought the
set. Then nobody has to cut up their CD sleeve.

Everybody happy now then ? ? ? ?

Mr. Bastard himself.