The Voiceprint reply

Jill jill at THETA-ORIONIS.FREESERVE.CO.UK
Mon Dec 13 16:27:10 EST 1999

Dear Voiceprint people

Thank you for your reply to messages on the BOC-L mailing list.   I'm
not one of those who sent mail on the subject originally mainly because
I didn't like the subject header and also because I already realised why
photocopies of the inside cover vouchers would be quite unacceptable to
you.  But I write as a Kollector - and a serious one - and I fear you
don't fully appreciate what you are asking of us!   The point is that
damage to the integrity of an album or CD - either inserts or cover is
damage - even if it is deliberate, necessary and just a tiny chunk of an
inside third page - which is actually one of the most attractive pages
in the package!  For example - my pyramid inside Glastonbury Fayre
remains uncut and unformed - sad though that is - because it is part of
the original package and will never, ever be carved up by me.   Likewise
I really do not want to carve up these CDs.

I will be buying, playing and listening to *all* the CDs because I
genuinely like Hawkwind and want to hear everything that the band
through yourselves
has generously made available to us.  I really do appreciate what you
have been able to do. I am grateful to have these albums and am very
impressed by the packaging. But, although I would very much like to have
the extra album you are offering, I really, really do not want to hack
chunks out of the packaging of all the others just to get it!   Nor do I
particularly want to purchase a second set of everything just to do
this.

However would I be right in inferring that it would be possible to
purchase this extra album?    I appreciate that it is only available
through mail order and that those who use the tokens will get one free
but would you be willing to consider a purchase so that I do not have to
deface the rest of the albums which I am extremely proud to possess
intact!

It's just a thought but also thank you for all the work you have put
into the production of these albums so far.  It is appreciated.

Jill Strobridge

Jill Strobridge <jill at theta-orionis.freeserve.co.uk> or
J.D.Strobridge at ed.ac.uk