We have a little list...

M Holmes fofp at HOLYROOD.ED.AC.UK
Tue Dec 14 10:33:01 EST 1999

> my problem isnt getting caught in the blast, or the net, or what have you. i
> dont like the implications of this list-of-names CRAP.
> what was ms tait to make of this list?

"We have a little list..
 ...of those who won't be missed.."

I'd thought that someone was mailing Kris/Hawkwind to let 'em know that
their distributors have taken umbrage at what was said in the BOC-L
"private" mailing list concerning some design flaws in their products.

I doubt that anything in particular is expected of Kris. What I'd
counsel is that everyone mellow out a little and that Voiceprint
carefully consider that they should regard feedback from their customers
as a *resource* (and one that many large companies pay to solicit)
rather than taking it personally and venting umbrage at those customers.

Voiceprint and the band are tring to give us fans what we want. If we
critique what's done, with suggestions as to how to improve the product,
then the sensible thing on their part would be to listen up and use that
info to make the next releases even better. A flamewar, while providing
momentary entertainment, simply won't achieve this.

I suggest:

A) Folks on the list drop the "bastard" and any other personal insults.

B) Voiceprint and the band read again what we were saying rather than
how it was said and consider whether there might be some way to improve
the product even further by acting on the feedback provided.

FoFP